The “Strategic Platforms” effort aims to support research projects in priority sectors for the Brussels Capital Region, with a view to short/medium-term promotion carried out collaboratively and in multidisciplinary fashion in universities, institutions of higher education, and research centres located throughout the regional territory.
In 2013, following a call for tenders, 9 projects were selected and funded for a period of 2-3 years.
- BWB (Wallonia-Brussels Biobank) : a project in collaboration with Wallonia aiming to network connect and promote the university hospitals biobanks in the Brussels Capital region (ERASME and St LUC) and Wallonia (CHU Liège).
- BIOBANK: a project to promote the principle biobanks (diabetes and oncology) at UZ Brussels via their collaboration with a histopathology platform.
- PICRIB : a project aiming to create a medical imaging platform which is interoperable between the three university hospitals in the Brussels Capital region.
- Un projet d’étude de faisabilité et de montage d’un business plan pour la création d’une plateforme bruxelloise de radiopharmacie pour l’imagerie médicale.
- Immediate: for the creation of a Brussels radiopharmacy platform for medical imaging.
- HealthCompass: a project aiming to create a multimedia platform for patient guidance and monitoring in the comprehension of his/her health issues and the communication with his/her social network.
- IRIS : a project with the aim of developing an open-source telemedicine platform.
- BriDGEIRIS : a collaborative Brussels project platform for clinical genomics research.
- RehabGoes Home: a research project concerning the home-based rehabilitation of patients.